Call us
We protect family assets

603 SW Cleveland Ave

Stuart, FL 34994


Real Property Law

For more than 30 years, Steger Law has specialized in residential and commercial real property transactions, including title insurance and property disputes.

Our attorneys and staff of real estate paralegals have many years of experience in conducting smooth real estate closings and can provide these services at the same cost as a commercial title insurance company without any additional charge for legal representation. 

Basics of Florida Property Transactions:

In Florida, closings are handled by an attorney or a title company who act as both closing agent for issuance of title insurance.  The title insurance is based on a “promulgated rate” that is the same no matter who is acting as closing agent.  In addition to the promulgated rate, the closing agent charges a settlement fee that can vary and can be negotiated.  The closing agent receives 70% of the promulgated rate and the underwriting title company receives the other 30% of such rate.  

Unless there are complications in the closing, attorneys charge the same as title companies to act as closing and title insurance agent.  However, if a dispute arises or documents are required to clear title due to an estate or trust issue it is good to have an attorney on your team, especially one that is Board Certified in both real estate law and wills, trusts and estate planning.

 Real Property Law and Litigation  Port St. Lucie  Vero Beach Jupiter Island

Sam Steger of Steger Law has been Board Certified in Real Property Law and Wills, Trusts and Estate Planning since 1992 when he passed the exams in both areas and has maintained high levels of Continuing Legal Education for every five (5) year renewal since that time.


Why Choose our Team?

Board Certification

Board certified in Real Property Law

Residential and commercial closings

Attorney representation at costs of title insurance

Real property dispute

Avoid unnecessary litigation

Family owned business

Steger Law consists of a husband, wife and daughter team

Contact us for more information about property laws in Florida!

  • Stuart
  • Jensen Beach
  • Sewall's Point
  • Port St. Lucie
  • Fort Pierce
  • Vero Beach
  • Jupiter
  • Okeechobee
  • Palm Beach

Appointment / Contact

Text value required
Phone number value required
E-Mail address value required
Checkbox mandatory
Steger Law is committed to ensuring that the collection and processing of data carried out by our site complies with the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and the Data Protection Act. To know and exercise your rights, particularly concerning the withdrawal of consent to the use of collected data, please consult our privacy policy